What do I need to get started on MageQuest?
To be honest, not a great deal, we want to remove as many barriers to entry as possible, but the following would be beneficial before you set off on your first quest:
- Solid understanding of general programming concepts and HTML
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), ideally with some PHP experience (only required for backend development topics)
- The desire to learn!
- A working Magento 2 development environment with sample data (further details / advice will be covered in the initial Install / Setup quest)
- A GitHub account to allow for downloading of example code for each quest
- Knowledge of composer - the de facto package / dependency manager for PHP
- Understanding of Magento 2 as a product (i.e. what features / functionality it offers) - this will help with context and understanding of certain topics - see Magento's User Guides to learn more
Product specific content
We may consider adding quests around Magento as a product in future to better support developers understanding of the Magento 2 platform as a product as well as cater as a resource for the Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam